Why an IP Audit is an Essential Tool for Growing Your Business
Intellectual property is a vital part of a businesses’ bottom line. The reason? It’s where most of your company’s brain power goes, and that exact brain power used to build your business is what makes your business more and more valuable.
We’ve discussed this topic often here, so you may recall that intellectual property is everything from:
- Patents for features that make products more attractive or make processes and business methods more efficient.
- Trademarks that protect names, logos, tag lines and symbols identifying a company.
- Trade secrets that protect customer lists, vendor lists, designs, and methods.
- Copyrights that protect original works, marketing materials, guides and manuals, audio-visual works, software, compilations, and artwork.
- Design patents or trade dress that protect the way products look.
Source: Gouchev Law